- Libyan coast guard rescues more than 250 migrants trying to reach Ital
- It looks like tax reform is already paying off with the GOP base
- Thousands of Romanians mourn former king Michael
- Sexual harassment allegations swirl around ESPN
- Report: Toronto billionaire and his wife found dead in their home
- Austrian conservatives bring far right into government
- Russian and French foreign ministers discussed situation in Syria
- Australian PM future safeguarded in crucial Sydney by-election
- Palestinian billionaire Masri detained in Saudi Arabia: sources
- Myanmar journalists' group to don black T-shirts over arrest of Reuter
- Dustin Hoffman accused of sexual assault
- Facebook worries it might be bad for you, adds a mute button
- U.S. says did everything possible to help Italy cyber investigation
- Thai tour guide arrested for inappropriate behavior at Buddhist temple
- Roche, Shire court fight escalates over haemophilia drug
- Strong quake hits Indonesia's Java, kills three
- Strong quake hits Indonesia's Java, killed three
- Strong earthquake strikes Indonesia; 3 dead
- Peru's President to face impeachment proceedings
- Kurz's Austrian conservatives bring far right into government
X-Men: Dark Phoenix – Fiery First Image Revealed
The first image from the upcoming X-Men: Dark Phoenix has been released. The next movie in the long-running superhero franchise hits theaters in November next year, and will focus on the classic Dark Phoenix saga from Marvel's comic books.
The image comes via Entertainment Weekly and shows Game of Thrones star Sophie Turner as Jean Grey. Jean becomes corrupted by Phoenix Force that provides her with her powers, forcing her to turn them against the X-Men. Check it out below:
EW also features an interview with Turner, who talks about taking on this challenging role. "It's about the butterfly effect of this thing happening," she said. "What happens when the person you love the most falls into darkness? I have to go from broken-down Jean to this confident, arrogant, know-it-all character within milliseconds."
X-Men: Dark Phoenix is set to hit theaters on November 2, 2018. It is directed by Simon Kinberg, who has served as a writer and producer on the X-Men series for more then a decade. Many of the cast from previous movies are set to return, including Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Alexandra Shipp, Tye Sheridan, and Kodi Smit-McPhee. Jessica Chastain plays the villainous role of Lilandra Neramani.
X-Men: Dark Phoenix is one of the three X-Men movies due for release in 2018, with The New Mutants and Deadpool 2 due in May and July respectively. A scary, horror-influenced first trailer for The New Mutants was released in October, while the unconventional marketing for Deadpool 2 continued this week with a request for Brazilian tattoos.