- Argentina fires head of navy over submarine tragedy
- Egyptian presidential hopeful apologizes to arrested supporters
- Argentina fires head of navy after submarine tragedy
- Canadian police probe mysterious deaths of billionaire pharma couple
- Nazareth Christmas celebrations will be held as normal: mayor
- Libyan coast guard rescues more than 250 migrants trying to reach Ital
- It looks like tax reform is already paying off with the GOP base
- Thousands of Romanians mourn former king Michael
- Sexual harassment allegations swirl around ESPN
- Report: Toronto billionaire and his wife found dead in their home
- Austrian conservatives bring far right into government
- Russian and French foreign ministers discussed situation in Syria
- Australian PM future safeguarded in crucial Sydney by-election
- Palestinian billionaire Masri detained in Saudi Arabia: sources
- Myanmar journalists' group to don black T-shirts over arrest of Reuter
- Dustin Hoffman accused of sexual assault
- Facebook worries it might be bad for you, adds a mute button
- U.S. says did everything possible to help Italy cyber investigation
- Thai tour guide arrested for inappropriate behavior at Buddhist temple
- Roche, Shire court fight escalates over haemophilia drug
Watch The Star Wars Battlefront 2 Campaign Story In Full
Some fans have already gotten a taste of Star Wars Battlefront II thanks to its early trial on EA/Origin Access, but today marks the game's official release. While much of the conversation around it has centered on its controversial handling of microtransactions and fan backlash (which ultimately forced EA to temporarily drop them just prior to release), developer DICE has built on the previous Star Wars Battlefront in some notable ways with Battlefront II, one of which is its new campaign.
Unlike its predecessor, Battlefront II features a full-fledged single-player storyline that's set between the events of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. The campaign puts players in the role of Iden Versio, the commander of an Imperial special forces unit known as the Inferno Squad and the primary character you play as throughout the campaign's 5-8-hour runtime.
Battlefront II's campaign is a canonical part of the franchise, filling in important details that lead up to the rise of the First Order in The Force Awakens and dropping clues as to what could be in store the next Star Wars film, The Last Jedi. If you're eager to see what happens in Battlefront II's story without the need to play through the campaign, we've compiled all of its cutscenes and some gameplay clips together in the video above so you can watch the entire tale unfold as if it were its own Star Wars movie.
Star Wars Battlefront II is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. In our Battlefront II review-in-progress, critic Alessandro Fillari said the game's campaign "does a decent job of showing the internal strife within the Empire's ranks," though it ultimately "falls a bit short of making it a remarkable journey for its characters."