- China defends trade with U.S. as Trump set to brand it a competitor
- Israel strikes Hamas targets in Gaza after Palestinian rocket attacks
- Belgian trial of Paris attack suspect postponed to February 5
- India's muted response to Trump's Jerusalem move stokes Arab unease
- Gunmen seize building in Afghan capital, firing on security forces
- How to buy and sell bitcoin - CNN Video
- Peru VP says committed to governing if president ousted
- Myanmar government says case against Reuters journalists can proceed
- Thomas Fire on course to become California's largest-ever wildfire
- Erdogan defies Trump, says Turkey has own embassy plans for Jerusalem
- Bitcoin futures trading just got a lot bigger
- Moscow says U.S. and North Korea should start a dialogue: RIA
- Australia's embattled Turnbull seen weighing cabinet reshuffle to expl
- At least 61 dead after days of violence in Ethiopia's Oromiya region
- Philippines says Maoist rebels attacked soldiers on typhoon relief dut
- U.S. taxpayers rush to claim deductions under threat from tax bill
- Tiny stem cell companies close in on major heart disease goals
- OAS says Honduran presidential election should be redone
- India ruling party pulls ahead in election in Modi state after tight r
- Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson airport restores power after crippling outage
Watch The First Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer
The first trailer for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom has been released. In the followup to 2015's Jurassic World, the central characters played by Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard return to the island in order to save the endangered dinosaurs that have since taken over the remains of the park.
With its plot described earlier this week, Owen Grady and Claire Dearing discover that the island has an active volcano, which is set to erupt--putting the dinosaurs on the island at risk. While many debate whether or not the save them, including Jurassic Park's Ian Malcolm, Owen and Claire lead a team to the island to extract the dinosaurs before the volcano erupts.
Much like the previous movie, there are already several callbacks to the legacy of the Jurassic Park film series. Along with iconic imagery--including the sights of the T-Rex and familiar scenes of running away from a stampede of dines, we see the return of fan-favorite character Ian Malcolm, played by Jeff Goldblum. In his scene from the trailer, he states the following line which channels the eternal conflict of dinosaurs returning after their extinction.
"These creatures were here before us, and if we're not careful--they'll be here after."
Directed by J.A. Bayona, whom previously directed The Orphanage, the film's visuals look to have a more haunting and dark atmosphere, which seems to channel his past work on horror films. Tell us what you think of the trailer below, and stick us for more info on Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom as it comes.