- Argentina fires head of navy over submarine tragedy
- Egyptian presidential hopeful apologizes to arrested supporters
- Argentina fires head of navy after submarine tragedy
- Canadian police probe mysterious deaths of billionaire pharma couple
- Nazareth Christmas celebrations will be held as normal: mayor
- Libyan coast guard rescues more than 250 migrants trying to reach Ital
- It looks like tax reform is already paying off with the GOP base
- Thousands of Romanians mourn former king Michael
- Sexual harassment allegations swirl around ESPN
- Report: Toronto billionaire and his wife found dead in their home
- Austrian conservatives bring far right into government
- Russian and French foreign ministers discussed situation in Syria
- Australian PM future safeguarded in crucial Sydney by-election
- Palestinian billionaire Masri detained in Saudi Arabia: sources
- Myanmar journalists' group to don black T-shirts over arrest of Reuter
- Dustin Hoffman accused of sexual assault
- Facebook worries it might be bad for you, adds a mute button
- U.S. says did everything possible to help Italy cyber investigation
- Thai tour guide arrested for inappropriate behavior at Buddhist temple
- Roche, Shire court fight escalates over haemophilia drug
The Game Awards 2017 Liveblog
The 2017 Game Awards begin shortly, and in addition to seeing who and what won this year, the event also promises some announcements. Among other things, the first gameplay for PUBG's new desert map will be shown, organizer Geoff Keighley previously revealed.
The nominees for Game of the Year are: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, Persona 5, and Horizon Zero Dawn. You can check out the full list of nominees on The Game Awards website. In addition to the actual awards portion, there are also a lot of celebrity guests scheduled to appear tonight, including Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima, film director Guillermo del Toro, and actor Norman Reedus, who were all slated to work together on Silent Hills before it was canceled.
The event begins today, December 7, at 5:30 PM PT / 8:30 PM PT. You can watch a stream of the press conference here on GameSpot. We'll also be running a live blog below as the briefing unfolds so you can follow along with all of the announcements.