- Argentina fires head of navy over submarine tragedy
- Egyptian presidential hopeful apologizes to arrested supporters
- Argentina fires head of navy after submarine tragedy
- Canadian police probe mysterious deaths of billionaire pharma couple
- Nazareth Christmas celebrations will be held as normal: mayor
- Libyan coast guard rescues more than 250 migrants trying to reach Ital
- It looks like tax reform is already paying off with the GOP base
- Thousands of Romanians mourn former king Michael
- Sexual harassment allegations swirl around ESPN
- Report: Toronto billionaire and his wife found dead in their home
- Austrian conservatives bring far right into government
- Russian and French foreign ministers discussed situation in Syria
- Australian PM future safeguarded in crucial Sydney by-election
- Palestinian billionaire Masri detained in Saudi Arabia: sources
- Myanmar journalists' group to don black T-shirts over arrest of Reuter
- Dustin Hoffman accused of sexual assault
- Facebook worries it might be bad for you, adds a mute button
- U.S. says did everything possible to help Italy cyber investigation
- Thai tour guide arrested for inappropriate behavior at Buddhist temple
- Roche, Shire court fight escalates over haemophilia drug
Superman Had Another Iconic Costume In Justice League Deleted Scene
In the long build-up to the release of Justice League, there was some suggestion that we might see Superman in his iconic 'dark' costume from DC's comic books. Although we now know that this costume did not appear in the finished movie, cinematographer Fabian Wagner has confirmed that actor Henry Cavill did shoot some scenes wearing it.
In an interview with Inverse, Wagner revealed that the footage was amongst several scenes filmed by original director Zack Snyder that were ultimately cut. "There were [quite a few scenes shot]. It's a cool looking costume," he said. "Sadly we didn't see that either in the final cut. Zack takes his time with telling the stories and I've always liked that about his movies. There are a few scenes that I was very much looking forward to seeing which unfortunately got cut."
Superman wore the design in The Death and Return of Superman comic books from the early '90s. In those issues, Superman was killed by Doomsday, much as he was in last year's movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and returned with a dramatic new look.
The rumors that we might see the costume in Justice League started when Cavill posted an image in Instagram in August 2016. There was also an official Justice League hat released that was based on the design.
Part of the reason that the costume ultimately didn't appear in the final movie could be due to Zack Snyder's departure from the production shortly after the end of principle photography due to a family tragedy. Joss Whedon took over as director, and the movie underwent extensive rewrites and reshoots throughout the summer.
Justice League has not been the big box office success that many were expecting. To date it has made $572 million at the worldwide box office, after nearly a month on release. This is well below this year's Wonder Woman, which made $821.7 million, and Dawn of Justice, which made more than $873 million. In addition, it been rumored that Justice League had a production budget of $300 million, which is more than either of those other DC movies.