- China starts formal legal proceedings against disgraced senior politic
- Venezuela socialists winning local vote, Maduro joyous
- Bitcoin jumps after futures trading begins
- Six New Street Fighter 5 Characters Revealed For Season 3 Of Content
- China, Taiwan spar over Chinese diplomat's invasion threat
- Israeli army destroys tunnel from Gaza
- With foes abstaining, Venezuela mayoral contests to boost socialists
- Futures trading arrives for bitcoin
- Global arms sales rise for the first time in 5 years
- LawBreakers Boss Leaves To Join Epic For A "Secret Project"
- Pro tips: Shooting Hong Kong like a street photographer
- With foes abstaining, Venezuela mayoral contests look set to boost Soc
- Rebel architecture: In praise of Britain's postmodern oddities
- 'Star Wars' fans, box office analysts brace themselves for 'The Last Jedi'
- PUBG Xbox One Exact Release Timing Revealed, Controller Setup Detailed
- With foes absent, Venezuela local vote to boost socialists
- Haley on Trump accusers: 'We should all be willing to listen to them'
- May hails new optimism in Brexit talks after deal
- China's top paper says Australian media reports are racist
- Syrian army and Iranian-backed militias push towards Idlib province
Marvel Launching New And Very Diverse Animated Universe
Shortly after announcing it was going to launch a podcast in 2018, Marvel Entertainment is now plotting out a new animated universe. The new project will feature a diverse collection of characters, including a couple familiar names from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Marvel Rising is a multi-platform franchise that will follow a group of teen superheroes, beginning with a series of six, four-minute animated shorts starring Ghost-Spider, the new secret moniker of Spider-Gwen. According to Deadline, the shorts will be released digitally and a feature-length animated film, Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors, will follow later in the year.
Dove Cameron will provide the voice for Ghost-Spider. She's joined by Kathreen Khavari as Muslim superhero Miss Marvel, Cierra Ramirez as the Latino-American LGBT hero America Chavez, and Kamil McFadden in the role of Patriot, who takes a cue from Captain America. Rounding out the team is Kim Raver voicing Captain Marvel, Chloe Bennet reprising her Agents of SHIELD role as Quake, Tyler Posey as the pyrokinetic Inferno, and Milana voicing the character she's set to play in the live-action New Warriors adaptation, Squirrel Girl.
Having Squirrel Girl in the lineup is interesting, given the recent news that Freeform would not be airing New Warriors. At current, there is no announced home for the proposed project.
Additionally, Booboo Stewart will voice the character Exile, who Buzzfeed describes as "a troublesome but charming Inhuman." Causing trouble for the team of Secret Warriors will be the evil Hala, voiced by Agents of SHIELD star Ming-Na Wen. Dee Bradley Baker, Skai Jackson, and Steven Weber will also appear on the series.
No release date had been announced for the Marvel Rising. You can check out the full teaser poster for the project below.