- Tens of thousands of Indonesians rally over Trump's Jerusalem stance
- Second prototype of China's C919 jet conducts test flight: state TV
- North Korea threat on agenda when South Korean foreign minister visits
- Pentagon study of UFOs revealed
- Australia arrests man accused of trying to sell missile parts for Nort
- How Australia's PM went swimming 50 years ago and vanished forever
- Hundreds come down with stomach illness during Royal Caribbean cruise
- Australian police accuse man of acting as North Korean economic agent
- Hoping to extend maritime reach, China lavishes aid on Pakistan town
- Mudslide in southern Chile kills five, at least 15 missing
- Honduran helicopter crash kills six, including president's sister
- Brazil's Workers Party formalizes support for ex-president Lula
- Foreign minister warns UK cannot become 'vassal state' of EU
- More than half of Britons now want to stay in EU - poll
- An update on winners and losers on the U.S. tax scorecard
- Uber accused of espionage, hacking and bribery in bombshell letter
- Christian Bale and more to salute CNN Heroes
- Destiny 2 Xur Location Guide: Where Is Xur, What Is He Selling? (December 15-18)
- More than half of Britons now want to stay in EU: poll
- Mudslide in southern Chile kills three; 15 others missing
Jurassic World 2's Plot Details Include An Erupting Volcano
Just two days before the release of the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom trailer, plot details from the upcoming film have been revealed. Somehow, the sequel to Jurassic World is going in an even crazier direction than building a theme park filled with dinosaurs and being surprised when it all goes wrong.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, star Bryce Dallas Howard reveals some interesting information about where the second Jurassic World finds her character. "Claire's founded an organization, Dinosaur Protection Group, and they’re finding a way to get these dinosaurs off the island," she says. "She reaches out to Owen Grady [Chris Pratt] to let him know this is happening."
There's a lot to unpack there. First and foremost, rather than escaping the dinosaurs, Jurassic World 2 seems to be about helping them survive. Beyond that, EW says the new film is set several years after the 2015 first installment and now there's a volcano on the island home of the abandoned theme park, which is about to erupt.
Thus far, there's no explanation as to why anybody would build a dinosaur theme park on an island with a volcano. Then again, perhaps it's better to not ask questions and just let it happen. Producer Colin Trevorrow, who directed the first film, has already said the new Jurassic World would be more scary and suspenseful. This is likely the exact kind of thing he's talking about.
Something else that the actress's quote gives away is that Claire and Owen didn't necessarily end up together, even if the original Jurassic World gave that impression. As for what Owen's been up to since being forced to evacuate his trailer on the island, that remains a mystery.
Once the trailer releases, chances are many more details about the new film will come into focus. The next chapter in the Jurassic World franchise also stars BD Wong, James Cromwell, Justice Smith, and Daniella Pineda. Jeff Goldblum, who starred in the original Jurassic Park, will reprise his role as Dr. Ian Malcolm in the film.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom lands in theaters on June 22, 2018.