- Indonesia detains 18 in pre-emptive bid to boost Christmas security
- Saudi Arabia says cinemas will be allowed from early 2018
- U.S. citizen on the run after busting out of Bali prison
- Indian police arrests French journalist after filming in Kashmir
- Indian police file sexual assault case against airline passenger for a
- Roche: Tecentriq cocktail slows kidney cancer progression
- Merck raises stakes in lung cancer as rivals close in
- Venezuela's Maduro: Some opposition parties to be barred from presidential vote
- Alabama race epitomizes the turbulence of the Trump era
- Bahraini civil society group under pressure after Israel visit
- Buoyed by mayoral votes, Venezuela's socialists eye 2018 presidency ra
- 'Walking Dead' sets stage for key death
- China starts formal legal proceedings against disgraced senior politic
- Venezuela socialists winning local vote, Maduro joyous
- Bitcoin jumps after futures trading begins
- Six New Street Fighter 5 Characters Revealed For Season 3 Of Content
- China, Taiwan spar over Chinese diplomat's invasion threat
- Israeli army destroys tunnel from Gaza
- With foes abstaining, Venezuela mayoral contests to boost socialists
- Futures trading arrives for bitcoin
Intriguing-Looking Survival Game Fade To Silence Announced For PC, PS4, Xbox One
THQ Nordic has announced Fade to Silence, a survival game in development for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Developed by Black Forest Games, the studio behind Giana Sisters 2D, Giana Sisters: Dream Runners, and Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Fade to Silence is described by its developer as a "survival game that truly elevates the genre."
The game made its debut at The Game Awards, where a trailer showed a character braving treacherous storm, riding a snowmobile and trekking through the snow as strange creatures close in around him.
"Fade to Silence recreates the many dynamics of a harsh winter climate, delivering a new level of intensity to the survival experience," explained Reinhard Pollice, business and product developer at THQ Nordic.
Players take control of Ash, who is described as a "natural leader" tasked with facing "eldritch monsters and the elements in a post-apocalyptic environment blanketed in endless winter."
The game is expected to launch on Steam Early Access on December 14 and will acclimatize the player with the ins and outs of expeditions, collecting materials, and upgrading equipment. Additionally, they will be able to establish camps and face off against the monsters lurking in the dark.
"Players will continually struggle to navigate dynamic, accumulating snow, real-time snow trails, and completely immersive weather effects such as blizzards," said Black Forest Games' managing director Adrian Goersch.
Over time the studio intends to give Steam Early Access players "consistent and meaningful content updates throughout development, layering on new areas, followers, missions, monsters, and increasingly complex social events--events that demand moral decision-making on the part of the player."