- Libyan coast guard rescues more than 250 migrants trying to reach Ital
- It looks like tax reform is already paying off with the GOP base
- Thousands of Romanians mourn former king Michael
- Sexual harassment allegations swirl around ESPN
- Report: Toronto billionaire and his wife found dead in their home
- Austrian conservatives bring far right into government
- Russian and French foreign ministers discussed situation in Syria
- Australian PM future safeguarded in crucial Sydney by-election
- Palestinian billionaire Masri detained in Saudi Arabia: sources
- Myanmar journalists' group to don black T-shirts over arrest of Reuter
- Dustin Hoffman accused of sexual assault
- Facebook worries it might be bad for you, adds a mute button
- U.S. says did everything possible to help Italy cyber investigation
- Thai tour guide arrested for inappropriate behavior at Buddhist temple
- Roche, Shire court fight escalates over haemophilia drug
- Strong quake hits Indonesia's Java, kills three
- Strong quake hits Indonesia's Java, killed three
- Strong earthquake strikes Indonesia; 3 dead
- Peru's President to face impeachment proceedings
- Kurz's Austrian conservatives bring far right into government
GTA 5 Reveals New Doomsday Heist, GTA Online's First Since 2015
Rockstar has continued to consistently roll out new content for Grand Theft Auto V's online mode, GTA Online, since launch. It's set to get one of its biggest pieces of content to date with the launch of a new online heist that arrives next week on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
The Doomsday Heist is described as a "massive new adventure" by Rockstar. Players will team up with an "unlikely alliance" between some of the game's characters to save San Andreas from what appears to be the threat of nuclear annihilation. Here's the plot description shared by Rockstar:
"A billionaire tech mogul, an idealistic intelligence agent, a socially awkward conspiracy theorist, and a neurotic supercomputer have been forced into an unlikely alliance to save San Andreas from total annihilation. As apocalyptic threats mount from enemies unknown, you and your criminal crew are enlisted to untangle mysteries and eradicate threats spanning from the bustling streets of downtown Los Santos to the ocean floor and all the way to the inner depths of Mount Chiliad in an epic new online adventure."
Rockstar also shared the trailer above, which teases out some of the heist's highlights. It looks like you'll break into top-secret bases, go on bombing runs, and drive a flying car. The promotional image above also features a jetpack and a shot of that same car underwater that looks reminiscent of the James Bond movie The Spy Who Loved Me.
The Doomsday Heist will be released for free to all players on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on December 12. It marks the first heist added to the game since online heists were introduced in 2015. That makes this a particularly notable launch. It's also the first since many new system and elements were introduced, such as this year's aircraft-centric update.