- Libyan coast guard rescues more than 250 migrants trying to reach Ital
- It looks like tax reform is already paying off with the GOP base
- Thousands of Romanians mourn former king Michael
- Sexual harassment allegations swirl around ESPN
- Report: Toronto billionaire and his wife found dead in their home
- Austrian conservatives bring far right into government
- Russian and French foreign ministers discussed situation in Syria
- Australian PM future safeguarded in crucial Sydney by-election
- Palestinian billionaire Masri detained in Saudi Arabia: sources
- Myanmar journalists' group to don black T-shirts over arrest of Reuter
- Dustin Hoffman accused of sexual assault
- Facebook worries it might be bad for you, adds a mute button
- U.S. says did everything possible to help Italy cyber investigation
- Thai tour guide arrested for inappropriate behavior at Buddhist temple
- Roche, Shire court fight escalates over haemophilia drug
- Strong quake hits Indonesia's Java, kills three
- Strong quake hits Indonesia's Java, killed three
- Strong earthquake strikes Indonesia; 3 dead
- Peru's President to face impeachment proceedings
- Kurz's Austrian conservatives bring far right into government
God Of War PS4 Release Date Potentially Revealed [UPDATE]
[UPDATE] The PlayStation Store page for God of War now says the release date is December 31, 2018. Perhaps someone flipped a switch too soon? Keep checking back with GameSpot for more.
The original story is below.
Has the release date for Sony's new God of War game for PlayStation 4 been revealed? It looks like it. As spotted by Internet super-sleuth Wario64, the game's PlayStation Store product page shows a release date of March 22, 2018.
This is not confirmed as of yet, so take this with a grain of salt for now. We'll report back with more details on God of War's release date as they become available. The discovery of the game's supposed release date comes just days before The Game Awards and Sony's own PlayStation Experience event later this week. It's possible Sony will officially announce the release date during one of the shows, but this is not confirmed as of yet.
The new God of War game was announced at E3 2016, but it was a no-show at last year's PlayStation Experience; we haven't seen much of it at al since the initial reveal. Game director Cory Barlog teased that the wait for new footage will be worth it. "I promise we will be showing something really awesome when it is ready," he said.
After revealing the game at E3, Barlog talked about how the new God of War was influenced by a canceled Star Wars TV show and will offer a "more diverse emotional palette." He also spoke about the challenge of making people take Kratos seriously.
The new God of War is set after the events of third game, and it won't feature an open world--though Barlog did say it was "open." It also won't feature the original Kratos voice actor, T.C. Carson. The role has instead been taken over by Stargate SG-1 actor Christopher Judge. Additionally, the new God of War will not feature any multiplayer.